Thursday, February 7, 2013

Super Game = Super Food!!

Super Bowl is usually the one day a year I allow myself KFC. Yes, I know it's absolutely disgusting and not really food but for that 10 minutes a year, I enjoy the cripsy goodness, chase it with about 5 or 6 biscuits dripping in honey....oooh, so yummy, right? Well, I always immediately regret this decision as my tummy hurts for the next 12 hours. 
This year, I decided to go for something different.
So, you've heard of tat-chos, right? Nachos with tater tots?
Well, I decided to take the idea one step further and Super Bowl Sunday was just the day to unveil the creation!

Grocery list
Tater Tots
Can of olives
Chili
Hot Dogs
Tortilla Chips
Jalapeno
Cheese, cheese and more cheese







Ok - now for fun part - pulling these ingredients together
  1. cook the hot dogs and cut into pieces
  2. bake the tater tots
  3. cut up jalapeno
  4. heat up the chili
  5. shred the cheese if you need to but you may want to buy pre-shredded
  6. pre-heat oven 350 degrees but it's probably already at this temp if you baked the tater tots
Grab your biggest baking pan and layer as follows
  1. coat the bottom of your baking pan with chips
  2. layer cheese
  3. layer tater tots
  4. layer hot dog pieces
  5. layer cheese
  6. layer chili
  7. layer cheese (as in, coat the entire thing with cheese)
  8. layer olives, jalapenos and any other toppings
Bake in your oven for 6 minutes
Broil for a minute if you need the top to brown

And:

Behold - the monstrocity now known as Hotcho Chachos!








Play ball! JCoy

No comments:

Post a Comment