Tuesday, February 26, 2013

As the crow flies....

Howdy All!

Well with a weekend of Daytona Nationwide and Sprint Cup then an evening with Oscars (which I turned off after the special effects awards - soooo boring!) - it was the perfect time to finish up a couple of projects. I'll share more on Thursday but today we have the Crow Quilt.

I found the fabric at Joann Fabric during Halloween with no idea what I was going to do with it. I'm not too into black or monochromatic quilts but I bought it nonetheless.

I decided to do a quilt and mix it with other blacks and greys and have a row of patchwork with a row of crows.

After quilting it last week, I wish I would have made the non-crow material smaller so it didn't compete so much but oh well...next time.

Here's the front:



Here's the back:

The photos make some of the material look yellow but it's just the sun shining on it! Yes, sun at 5pm in Seattle - whuuuut?

And yes, I get the irony of showing a Halloween quilt on a so.close.you.can.almost.taste.it.spring.day...


"As the crow flies" is an idiom for the shortest route between two points; or the geodesic distance. - Thus your super fun fact from wikipedia! Make it happen people! JCoy

No comments:

Post a Comment