Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An Amaryllis To Admire

I hosted Thanksgiving this past year and as a host gift my Mom gave me an Amaryllis bulb.  I had never grown an Amaryllis before and was excited to try it.  They grow fast, and by fast I mean inches per day!  Mine had barely started to get a bud on it when catastrophy struck.  I moved my little Amaryllis to the floor by the sliding glass window to bathe in the tepid Pacific Northwest sun.  Everything was fine until my brindle pup Ella spotted a strange man in our yard and went APE NUTS barking at him.  Unfortunately, little Amaryllis was in the way and got completely knocked out of its' container and the bulb slightly damaged.  I didn't think it would recover, but this is the little Amaryllis that could!
 
Here are the pictures leading up to full bloom:

 
The painting in the background is an oil painting by Petro Vermaak Lotriet.  Her paintings are absolutely gorgeous. 
 
~xoxo J.M.Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment