Friday, March 8, 2013

Lock Bridge

This past Monday Tim and I went for a walk at Chambers Bay.  There is a bridge that crosses from the park, over the railroad tracks, and to the water.  On this bridge is a balcony that juts out, over the water.  On that balcony we discovered a lock.  The lock had a heart with an arrow through it drawn on one side and "A + W" written on the other. 

I recognized it for what it was immediately! A few months back my sister had sent me a link to a website that showed a "lock bridge" in Paris with locks like this one all over it.  I was really excited to see this lock and Tim and I were eager to add our lock to it.
I was happy to find a lock at Home Depot that had letters and numbers that we could change around to spell loves.  I wrote T.C. "LOVES" J.R.....
 
...and we walked to the balcony area of the bridge...
 
...and attached our lock.
I hope other people do it too!  Maybe you can head down to Chambers Bay and do it, or start your own special lock bridge and send us a pic!
~xoxo J.M.Riley



No comments:

Post a Comment