Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bag It!

The day I hear the birds chirping when I pull into my work parking at o'dark hundred, is the day I can almost taste my most favorite season - Spring!

Maybe it's the sun, maybe it's cuz my birthday's in spring or maybe it's because the darn gray of the northwest is finally giving way but I love love love Spring! And, Spring includes my favorite holiday - Easter!

More on Easter later...

But what I do want to talk about is my new spring bag!

Jess and I headed to RubyStreet Quiltworks in Tumwater a few weekends ago without any projects in mind but just a chance to see a different quilt shop. Isn't funny how you go to certain quilt stores for certain things, just knowing that you'll find exactly what you needed at each one?

Anyway, we came away with Christmas material, Halloween material and one dinky yard of Spring material...yes, it was February! And, yes, we do realize these holidays are 9 months away but honestly, you have to get what you like when you see no matter what month it is...

So, I found this pretty pink material and knew I needed a new bag for work. I have one from Target that I like but I can never find just a big bag to put stuff in - without all the bells and whistles. Honestly, I can barely find what I need in my tiny little purse - do I really need 10 pockets in a giant catch-all bag that I will immediately forget where I put that thing that I need right this minute?

Ok - I'm monologing...

Anyway, one Spring bag is what I ordered so I went ahead and made it this past weekend.



Here are the materials:

1 yard of super cute spring material that I threw the selvedge string away already (yes, I know, sacrilege) so don't know who the designer is but I think is robert kaufmann

1 package vinyl fuse to make the bag waterproof

the stiffest interfacing you can buy to make the bag sides stand up

lining material for the inside

I had fun using the vinyl fusing stuff but it does really help to read the instructions.

And, about 2 hours later, I had my Spring bag.

Upon completion of said bag, I realized that I sewed the inner lining inside out! Awesome! The super sweet black thread shows through on the seams on my super cute pink bag...I just left it.

But, I will work on it this weekend because it is just so darn cute and I really do want it to look nicer than it is right now.

I had to include this photo because Coco is photobombing me!



In the words of the original piano man: "You're only human, you're allowed to make your share of mistakes" Billy Joel...besos JCoy


No comments:

Post a Comment