Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Found by accident next to the flour sack towels

While looking for flour sack towels at JoAnn Fabric I came across Ballpoint Embroidery Paint by Aunt Martha's.  It looked really neat! 

I have seen other crafter's embroidery that seemed to be shaded in with color that was not embroidery thread, but I never knew what they used.  I had to get some and try it out!  I bought the jewel colors.  According to the label, it can be used on fabric, wood, leather, plastic, metal and glass.  It is also non-toxic and although it is washable, it is permanent.
It took a little work to get them rolling.  I had to use a paper clip and mess around with it to get the paint to come out properly.  However, my work was rewarded when I saw the pretty jewel tone colors that I was going to be able to work with.
I have an idea for a little Easter embroidery that I will share with you on Friday!
until then ~ xoxo J.M.Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment