Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I love salt!

If you are a lover of salt and chocolate and fine things I highly recommend an awesome little store located off Mississippi Ave in Portland, Oregon called The Meadow.  I happen to be a lover of salt and was really excited when Jeneen told me about The Meadow.  Since she told me about it, Tim and I have made two 145 mile trips to Portland just to go to this store!  They have an online store as well (check it out here) but I appreciate the fact that in person I can taste a pinch of the salt before I buy it.  Our favorite salt is the Red Alder Smoked salt.
It tastes good on almost everything!  I add it to my sunny side eggs for breakfast, mix it in with avocado to spread on a sandwich, and Tim adds it to his rub mix when he smokes meat.
It has a dark, rich color and smells so, so good! 
 
If you live in the PNW give this place a try.  It has a lot to offer in the chocolate, bitters, and flower department as well and there is an AMAZING ice cream shop next door called Ruby Jewel that sells salted caramel ice cream.  A serious win/win!
 
I also have exciting news in the bridge lock department.  Locks have been added and I couldn't be more pleased. 
~another glorious day~
J.M.Riley



No comments:

Post a Comment