Friday, March 15, 2013

Bean Bag Easter Eggs

Bean Bag Easter Eggs!  The perfect compliment to my Ballpoint Embroidery Paint that I was talking about on Tuesday!  Bean bag Easter egg toss played with Easter baskets is a fun game for kids and adults.  I started by drawing out my Easter egg and transfering it onto white cotton.
Then, I colored in sections of the egg with the Ballpoint Embroidery Paint...
...and embroidered over it using backstitch and french knots.
Next, I used heat bond lite to attach my embroidered egg to a bright, solid pink cotton fabric and sewed it together like a pouch leaving a hole open at one end to add beans.  Don't fill the egg all the way with bean, it should be about 2/3 to 3/4 full. 
Make three or six bean bags to display in a bowl until Easter!  Then, on Easter play with reckless abandon!
~xoxo J.M.Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment